hope changes everything.
Welcome to Hope Church
At Hope Church we have the privilege of connecting people like you with God and others. From the moment you walk in the front door, you’ll experience a diverse church family, alive in Christ and united in our pursuit to bring God glory in Hampton Roads and around the world. Our church is filled with people from many countries whose lives have been transformed by the gospel of Jesus Christ. Regardless of your background, you’ll find a place to fit in and to connect with God and others.
When are your service times?
• Sundays - 11 AM Worship Service (*This is our main Sunday service.)
• Wednesdays - 6 PM Prayer Gathering
• Wednesdays - 7 PM Adult Bible Study, Kids Club
What should I expect at the Sunday Morning Service?• Every Sunday, we gather for music, Scripture, and a message from the Bible intended to bring about transformation in our lives. We are, in effect, preparing ourselves to be ambassadors for Christ in the world. The morning service typically lasts 90 minutes. Guests are also invited to attend our monthly Visitors Reception after the morning service to find out more about Hope Church and how to get involved.
What should I wear?
• We come to church to worship God, so modest dress is appropriate. However, all styles are welcome, and you’ll see people wearing anything from jeans to suits.
What is there for my children?
• We have a number of programs and opportunities for your children on Sunday morning. Learn more about our Hope Kids & Hope Youth programs below.
Infants through 6th Grade Ministry Programs
• Sunday Morning program (infants thru Pre-Kindergarten) 11 am, Kids’ Church (children grades 1-5) 11 am, Sunday School (children grades K-5) 11 am.
• Wednesday Boys & Girls Ministries (children age 2-5th grade 7 pm–8:15pm.
• For more information regarding our Children’s Ministries, click here.
Middle and High School Youth Ministry
• On Sundays, middle school and high schoolers are welcomed to join the service or join the Junior Leadership program to help in Kids Church.
• We also invite middle school and high schoolers to join us Friday night from 7:00pm – 9:00pm for Youth Night.
For more information regarding our Youth Ministry, click here.
When do you celebrate Communion?
• Our normal practice is to serve communion on the first Sunday of each month. We welcome all who profess the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior to receive communion—you do not need to be a partner of Hope Church to participate. In order to include as many people as possible in the communion ordinance, we have a gluten-free communion wafer and 100% grape juice.
What if I need prayer?
• Every Sunday morning, Prayer Partners are available at the front of the sanctuary after the service to assist you with spiritual needs or to help you get connected with church groups and ministries. And of course, Wednesday night. You are also welcome to attend our Monday night prayer at 6 PM.
Is there anything special for visitors?
• If you’re coming to Hope Church for the first time, we would love to have you join us after the morning service for a quick meet & greet with our pastors and special reception. We welcome the opportunity to help you get to know our church family and to see why people decide to make Hope Church their home. Come and join us in the foyer!
How do I get baptized?
• Baptism is God’s will for every believer, and we rejoice whenever someone chooses to take that step of obedience here at Hope Church. We schedule baptism services approximately once each quarter; three of them are included as part of the Sunday morning worship service, and our summer baptism is held in Yorktown Beach.
• In order to be baptized at Hope Church, one must be a regular attendee (partnership is not required) and be able to demonstrate both a relationship with Christ and an understanding of the purposes of the baptism ordinance. In order to ensure that this is the case, we offer a Baptism Preparation Class, which is required for all who wish to be baptized. There is no cost for the class, and no pre-registration is necessary.
• For more information on baptism and scheduling, please click here.
A Church in the Lee Hall Community ofNewport News, Virginia
Sunday School - 9:45 AM
Worship Service - 11 AM
Prayer - 6 PM
Bible Study - 7 PM
Youth - 6:30 PM
HOPE CHURCH AT LEE HALL
17531 Warwick Blvd
Newport News, Virginia 23603
We are A Bible belIEVING CHURCH